This policy explains how we handle your personal information at World Watch App.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
At World Watch, we take our members’ privacy very seriously and our goal is to only request, process,
and log the bare minimum of information needed for you to obtain the full value from our services
(“Services”). Those are listed as follows:
- (1) Your first name and surname (family name), which must be real and accurate.
- (2) Your e-mail address, which we will use to contact you about your membership.
- (3) Your password.
- (4) Your chosen location(s) in city/country format.
- (5) Your publicly available professional information including but not limited to
your website, social media handles, CV, and previous publications or projects.
- (6) Necessary cookies to enable core functionality of our website including
authentication, security, and performance. Our cookies policy is here.
- (7) Records of correspondence you send us, including but not limited to through
e-mail, social media, Telegram, Signal and WhatsApp.
We will never request the following personal information as it is firmly against our ethos and
- (1) Your date of birth.
- (2) Your demographic information including gender, race, or disability.
- (3) Your employer name, address, or other details.
- (4) Your phone number, unless you request communication via Telegram, Signal or
- (5) Your billing, mailing, or residential address.
- (6) Your passport, driving license, or any type of identity document.
- (7) Geolocation data.
- (8) Analytics cookies or other optional cookies.
We do not use Google Analytics or any other third party tool to process your data. We do not share
your personal data with advertising platforms or any other third parties.
We use ProtonMail for all internal and external e-mail activity relating to World Watch App due to
its reputation for privacy, security, and end-to-end encryption.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights. We will respond to any concerns within one calendar
- (1) Right to ask us for copies of your personal information, with some exemptions. More
- (2) Right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate or incomplete. More
- (3) Right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. More
- (4) Right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
More information here.
- (5) Right to object to precessing even when it is in our legitimate interests. More information
- (6) Right to receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used
and machine-readable format, in certain circumstances. More information here.
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we reply upon in order to process personal information of our users are the following:
- (1) Necessary for entering into, or performing, the Contract per the Terms &
Agreement. In order to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or
in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary
for us to process your personal data as mentioned above.
- (2) Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. We are subject to certain
legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by
law to disclose your personal data to a government agency, regulatory body or law enforcement
- (3) Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests. We may need to process
your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided we have established
that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to
have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include but are not limited to
responding to requests and enquiries from you, optimising our website and customer experience,
informing you about our products and services, and ensuring that our operations are conducted in
an appropriate and efficient manner.
- (4) Consent. In some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your
personal data in a particular way. We may ask for your consent to use your contact details for
future marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Under the GDPR, we are required to tell you if we transfer or intend to transfer information which
we hold on you to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We currently do not transfer
such information outside the EEA.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.